Friday, 10 April 2015

Update and more Inspirations

So for my most recent project I'm almost finished with my puzzle piece portion. I painted the entire canvas black and plan to paint it to resemble a circuit like this:
 For that I'm aiming for neon green but I'll see what I can find.
Anyway, I noticed that when I took apart the hair dryer the inside looked a lot like a Dalek from Doctor Who  I'm not going to do an exact replica but I want to do something with a similar structure.
I also would like to possibly create a Big Brother-like overseer maybe with mirrors.
  If I can create something like Metropolis I'd be thrilled.




2 comments:

  1. I think it'd be really neat if you used the puzzle pieces, hairdryer, and other spare things to create a sic-fi-esque sculpture. What would be very interesting is if you made some part of the "machine" mobile. Maybe a part that could swing or move in some way? I also really like the structure of Metropolis and think that you should work with that concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sci fi aspect of your piece is really interesting. With those parts, I personally would want some contrast and sculpt something inspired by nature or humans.

    ReplyDelete